Environmental Product Declaration
The Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) is an independently verified and registered document, in which transparent and comparable information on the environmental impacts of the product life cycle is recorded and communicated. This declaration provides reliable, relevant, transparent, comparable and verifiable information related to the environmental aspects of the product. At the same time, it points out its environmentally friendly production activity, which is based on the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) study of the product, that is carried out in compliance with international standards and measurable environmental data.
There are significant benefits that a company could acquire from the implementation of the EPD process. In addition to recording and communicating the environmental impact of a product, an EPD provides to companies the opportunity to take a step back from the standard view of the production process and take a look through the perspective of sustainability and immediate environmental impact, which can lead to greater efficiency and cost savings.
Through the Environmental Product Declaration process, a company could:
- Acquire a competitive advantage towards its competitors
- Implement green marketing strategy
- Improve its supply chain management
- Establish an environmental basis for further improvement
- Locate the hotspots in the life cycle of a product or service, which can lead to environmental impacts
- Reduce the environmental impacts of the product
- Minimize the greenhouse gas emissions
- Save financial resources by improving specific environmental criteria
- Satisfy their customers and increase the company’s reputation
- Enter new target markets